I received a Kindle for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I am not a particularly fast reader, but with this device my reading speed has dramatically increased and one thing I do every day is check the Kindle Daily Deals at Amazon as they frequently offer something worth picking up for only $1.99. Well, today the list is rather long as they have 34 books that eventually inspired award-winning movies on sale.
No, this doesn’t mean Oscar winning as you’ll notice the book that helped inspire Ron Howard‘s Rush is included here and the Academy couldn’t even see fit to offer it a Sound nomination. However, we all saw Daniel Bruhl take home a few awards already so it definitely counts.
Two books from Dennis LeHane, which were adapted into Ben Affleck‘s Gone Baby Gone and Clint Eastwood‘s Mystic River are included. Books behind The Silence of the Lambs, the Coens’ No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy, Jaws, The Exorcist, Catch Me If You Can, Life of Pi, The Devil Wears Prada and Schindler’s List. Looking at it now there’s a lot of Steven Spielberg stuff in there.
Just note, these items will only be on sale today so if you’re interested you have to buy now. Prices range from $1.99-$2.99 so you’re hardly breaking the bank, maybe buy two and keep them for a rainy day. The list is directly below.
And, if you don’t own a Kindle, might I suggest the Paperwhite. This is the one I have, and I have the one with “Special Offers” which means it has ads and it is $119, but if you’ve been thinking about buying one I can’t recommend it enough. If you’re interested click here.
- Philomena: A Mother, Her Son, and a Fifty-Year Search
- Life of Pi
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Silence of the Lambs
- No Country for Old Men
- Schindler’s List
- Gone, Baby, Gone: A Novel
- Mystic River
- All the King’s Men
- The Cider House Rules
- The Invisible Woman: The Story of Nelly Ternan and Charles Dickens
- Ordinary People
- The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary Edition
- The Pianist: The Extraordinary True Story of One Man’s Survival in Warsaw, 1939-1945
- Catch Me If You Can
- The Descendants: A Novel
- Rush to Glory: FORMULA 1 Racing’s Greatest Rivalry
- A Beautiful Mind
- Forrest Gump
- Wonder Boys
- Out of Africa: and Shadows on the Grass
- Six Days of the Condor
- Sideways: A Novel
- The Night Listener
- All in All: An Actor’s Life On and Off the Stage
- I Am Spartacus!: Making a Film, Breaking the Blacklist
- Brick Lane: A Novel
- Million Dollar Baby: Stories from the Corner
- Bond On Bond: Reflections on 50 years of James Bond Movies
- Crazy Heart
- Kramer vs. Kramer: A Novel
- On the Waterfront: A Novel