The American Cinema Editors (ACE) announced the nominees for the 2013 ACE Eddie Awards today and among them are all five Oscar nominees, four of them — Argo, Life of Pi, Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty — in the Dramatic category and the fifth, Silver Linings Playbook, in the Comedy/Musical category.
There isn’t really too much else to say about the noms considering in previous years these nominations came out before the Oscar nominations were announced giving reason to speculate on which of the several films would end up nominated for Oscars. Considering that’s not the case this year, this will all become a little more interesting when they announce their winners on Saturday, February 16.
For now, the nominees are listed below in the Dramatic, Musical or Comedy, Animated and Documentary categories.
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (DRAMATIC):
- Argo – William Goldenberg, A.C.E.
- Life of Pi – Tim Squyres, A.C.E.
- Lincoln – Michael Kahn, A.C.E.
- Skyfall – Stuart Baird, A.C.E.
- Zero Dark Thirty – Dylan Tichenor, A.C.E. and William Goldenberg, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED FEATURE FILM (COMEDY OR MUSICAL):
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – Chris Gill
- Les MisÃ©rables – Melanie Ann Oliver & Chris Dickens, A.C.E.
- Moonrise Kingdom – Andrew Weisblum, A.C.E.
- Silver Linings Playbook – Jay Cassidy, A.C.E. & Crispin Struthers
- Ted – Jeff Freeman, A.C.E.
BEST EDITED ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:
- Brave – Nicolas C. Smith, A.C.E.
- Frankenweenie – Chris Lebenzon, A.C.E. & Mark Solomon
- Rise of the Guardians – Joyce Arrastia
- Wreck-It Ralph – Tim Mertens
BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE):
- Samsara – Ron Fricke & Mark Magidson
- Searching for Sugar Man – Malik Bendjelloul
- West of Memphis – Billy McMillin