Ice Age 2 opened HUGE this weekend. How huge? Well, it was the 2nd highest opening weekend for an animation in the history of the world. Only Shrek 2 opened bigger and that was in the summertime when kids were out of school. So let’s just call this one big honking opening and move on.
1. Ice Age: The Meltdown $70.5m (My rank: #1, $27.2m off)
70.5M. Think about that for a second. That’s a dollar for every hot dog I’ve ever consumed.
2. Inside Man $15.6m (My rank: #2, $1.4m off)
I watched this other thing called Inside Man on the learning channel once but it was a little different because it was essentially about the prostate.
3. ATL $12.5m (My rank: #4, $2.9m off)
Good work ATL, that’s a nice opening weekend for you! Can you keep it up? Well can ya? (Pokes ATL in the chest)
4. Failure to Launch $6.6m (My rank: #7, $.4m off)
It’s only here because it’s the only romantic comedy on the board, which is a good lesson to all you kids out there. Be the only romantic comedy on the board.
5. V for Vendetta $6.4m (My rank: #6, DEAD ON)
When the revolution comes the guys and gals that didn’t see this will be the first ones up against the wall.
6. Stay Alive $4.5m (My rank: #5, $1.9m off)
This film brought together some old memories for me, first there is Stay – which I gave an F, and then there is Alive, which was about eating your buddy like he was a batch of chicken wings. Hey, I didn’t say the memories were all good.
7. She’s the Man $4.5m (My rank: #10, $.4m off)
Or is She? Look a little closer and you’ll see she’s actually just the girl. Grow a pair sister.
8. Slither $3.6m (My rank: #3, $7.1m off)
Slither got rocked this weekend, rocked to sleep like a little crying baby. Hush little baby, don’t you cry.
9. The Shaggy Dog $3.5m (My rank: #9, $1.2m off)
There’s only two kind of sprees in the world, killing and shopping. The Shaggster only makes me want to do one them.
10. Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction $3.2m (My rank: #8, $2.6m off)
Number ten! HA! That’s what you get you Hollywood bastards!! HARDY HAR HAR. This movie looked awful, you still tried to foist it on us, and we said NO. It starts with this movie. Fight Club is officially open. We won’t get fooled again.
Here is the MySpace info. Pop it, then rock it.