I got bamboozled with Narnia eeking out a narrow victory over King Kong. Thatâ€™s what happens again this week in this dreadful month of slow releases.
1. The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe 19.3m What if Narnia had just stuck with the British war in the 40â€™s theme? You know, cut out all the kidâ€™s stuff. Sure it would have disgraced the memory of C.S. Lewis but what is Hollywood good for if not disgracing memories? Thatâ€™s a lot of rhetorical questions for only one prediction.
2. King Kong 19.1m Pass the grey poupon, itâ€™s King Kong. Skull Island? Sounds like where I had my honeymoon. Zowie!
3. Grandmaâ€™s Boy 16.1m The trailers look pitiful but everybody needs a laugh after seeing the Christmas credit card bills.
4. Hostel 13.1m Hereâ€™s a prime example of why the Oracle only travels to five star hotels.
5. Munich 11.9m Munich has had huge box office dollars per screen but I think thatâ€™s because itâ€™s only opened in Jerusalem so far.
6. Fun with Dick and Jane 10.8m Do I even need to make the porn title joke? Itâ€™s just right there isnâ€™t it? Only a couple words awayâ€¦
7. Blood Rayne 9.8m I know this Blood Rayne film pretty well, itâ€™s about Pandas, and I think it will be 7th.