Instead of making a couple of meaningless articles based on the casting announcements that were made today via Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The BBC and Production Weekly, I decided to make one meaningless article with all of them.
Now when I say meaningless I am pretty much referring to the fact that these aren’t groundbreaking additions, but you may be interested so check ’em out.
1) Camilla Belle has been cast as the lead in Screen Gems’ remake of When a Stranger Calls, to be directed by Simon West with shooting scheduled for mid-July.
2) Ian McShane, star of HBO’s “Deadwood,” is off to England where he will be joining Woody Allen and Scarlett Johannson on Woody’s feature, which is un-named and the story is unknown. Told you this is exciting stuff.
3) Ain’t-It-Cool-News is reporting that the directorial candidates to replace the recently departed Matthew Vaughn on X-Men 3 will be either John Moore (Flight of the Phoenix) or Brett Ratner (After the Sunset).
4) Kerry Washington (Ray, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is set to star opposite Forrest Whitaker in The Last King of Scotland. It centers on a Scottish doctor (James McAvoy) who, though a twist of fate, becomes the personal physician of the then-new president of Uganda (Whitaker). Washington will portray one of Amin’s wives.
5) Laurence Fishburne will join Paul Walker in the feature adaptation of The Death and Life of Bobby Z, a film centering on a first-rate loser who dodges prison by making a deal with the DEA that requires he pose as a legendary surfer-drug dealer, Bobby Z, in a hostage switch with a Mexican drug lord. When the ruse backfires, the fake Bobby Z goes on the run, with the 6-year-old son of the real Bobby Z in tow.
6) Finally, Johnny Depp is being courted to star in a film about a drug addict who turns his life around after living on the streets of Wrexham. The film is titled Shooting of Addict and Gollum, a.k.a. King Kong, a.k.a. Andy Serkis is set to direct. Click here to read the rest of the story.