The fact that Sin City 2 is going to be made should not surprise anyone, it is prime for a sequel, the stories are already there and the first release was a bit of movie-making history as Robert Rodriguez employed advanced digital technology to bring to life a world that previously only existed on paper in the form of Frank Miller’s dark comics.
Now Reuters is carrying a story from the Cannes Film Festival where Sin City seems to be turning heads on both sides of the room as several are complaining about the relentless and graphic violence as well as accusations of sexism in a film where the women are generally scantily clad.
Pish, tosh, screw the PC talk, Rodriguez and Miller have, as the two pay the criticism no comment and are ready to do another.
“We’ve been talking about it (the sequel) since day one,” Rodriguez told Reuters on Thursday. The article also goes on to say that the next film will be based on Miller’s “Dame to Kill For,” a part of the Sin City plot that was not included in the original movie, and Rodriguez wants to keep his cast if he can.
Rodriguez went on to say, “We’d always thought ‘Dame to Kill For’ was the story (for the sequel)… It has all the characters; Mickey’s in it, Clive is in it, so it would be great to bring everybody back.”
Keeping the cast shouldn’t be too hard as Clive Owen has already told me when I asked if he would do a sequel, “Of course I would.”
Rodriguez also said that work could begin on Sin City 2 later this year.
As far as the storyline for “A Dame To Kill For” the back of the book reads like this:
You can buy the book here, and also don’t go too fast, check out some pics from the Cannes Sin City premiere below.