Update: Justice League on Hold Until After Strike


UPDATE: Both Variety and The Hollywood Reporter have confirmed that Warner Bros. Pictures let the options lapse on Tuesday for the cast members, which included D.J. Cotrona, Adam Brody, Anton Yelchin, Common, Teresa Palmer and Megan Gale. The studio cited script issues as the one of the causes and the other is that the project needed tax breaks from shooting in Australia.

According to IESB, this report was indeed accurate. It looks like Warner Bros. Pictures made the decision yesterday to put George Miller’s Justice League on hold until the production can do a script rewrite after the writers strike ends. Reports had said the cast was on location and the crew was ready to go if they had been given the green light.

The site says that the production will have to wait until at least June, but if the writers strike (and possible Screen Actors Guild strike) continue for a long time, it could be much later.

Warner Bros. Pictures had yet to officially confirm any cast members for the superhero team-up movie that is expected to include Batman, Superman, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern.