Today, Universal Orlando Resort revealed details about their upcoming attraction, “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts,” now being built in the heart of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley. The Grand Opening date for the themed environment will be announced at a later date.
The attraction is inspired by the iconic moment from the Harry Potter film series where Harry, Ron and Hermione break into one of the most guarded places in the wizarding world Gringotts bank to retrieve a magical object that will help defeat Lord Voldemort.
Universals creative team worked hand-in-hand with Stuart Craig and his production team from the Harry Potter films to immerse guests in this pivotal scene from the final “Harry Potter” book and film, constructed from a compilation of innovative technology, 360-degree themed sets, 4K digital high-definition animation, state-of-the-art 3-D Infitec projection systems and live special effects.
According to the attraction’s official announcement press release, visitors will have the chance to experience the following:
- Marvel at the 60-foot, fire-breathing Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon atop Gringotts Wizarding Bank
– Tour Gringotts bank and pass through the marble hall where youll see goblins hard at work
– Race through a labyrinth of underground Gringotts vaults
– Encounter the villainous Death Eater, Bellatrix Lestrange, as she attempts to send you to your doom
– Come face to face with He Who Must Not Be Named
– Experience even more mind-blowing moments
’Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts’ will change the way you think about theme park attractions, said Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative. Weve created an entirely new type of ride that propels guests into the story like never before, and guests will remember it long after their visit to Diagon Alley.
You can check out a video about the attraction in the player below and take a look at a number of promotional stills in the gallery viewer at the bottom of this page: