Last week, some unfounded rumors began to circulate the internet that Bryan Cranston had signed on to play Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder’s upcoming Man of Steel sequel. Many of you wondered why we never posted this story and it was because we thought it was inaccurate and a fabrication. Now, Cranston himself says the rumor that he’s signed a six-picture deal to play the bald antagonist are not true.
Six? This is all news to me,” he said to Boston.com. “I think that maybe my name is bandied about because Im known to be bald. What bald guy can we get? The reality is they can take any actor and shave his head or put a bald cap on him.
Casting is stil coming together for the untitled film, and Mark Strong has previously teased that he might be in the running for the role of Luthor.
The new film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with director Zack Snyder. Man of Steel‘s Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in the film along with Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also reprise their roles in the sequel. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015 with production expected to begin in February of 2014.
(Photo credit: Andres Otero/WENN.com)