One of the things we’ve been looking forward to here at Shock is American Horror Story: Freakshow. With three solid seasons so far, we were very interested in what would be revealed at Comic-Con and tonight we got answers.
The new season, which takes place around a 1950’s sideshow, will feature Jessica Lang returning once again, though she has went on record as saying this will be her last. We didn’t get any teaser footage, but we finally got a cast breakdown.
- Jessica Lange is Elsa Mars
- Emma Roberts is Maggie
- Sarah Paulson plays Siamese twins Bette and Dot Tattler
- Michael Chiklis is Wendell Del Toredo
- Angela Bassett is Del Toredos wife Desiree Duprée
- Kathy Bates is Effil Darling, Del Toredos ex-wife
- Evan Peters will play Del Toredo and Effils son, Jimmy Darling
In addition to the cast mentioned above, John Carroll Lynch (ZODIAC) has an unspecified villain role with speculation leading to him playing a “Clown Killer” as hinted at early on.
Executive Producer Tim Minear had only this to say in reference to Lynch’s character:
…a villain who will rival the rubber man and the minotaur from previous seasons. John Carroll Lynch will play him, and he will scare the shit out of you.
No specific date announced yet for the premiere, but the freakshow will be open for business sometime in October.