Ridley Scott on the upcoming production
Director Ridley Scott revealed to Daily Mail Online that Idris Elba, Sean Harris and Kate Dickie have joined Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender in Prometheus, coming to theaters on June 8, 2012. Scott told the site that he has gone to great lengths to keep the script of his new sci-fi film a secret.
Elba previous starred in 28 Weeks Later and can be seen in the upcoming Thor; Harris, meanwhile, appeared in Creep and the Red Riding trilogy.
“His ensemble cast, which includes Oscar- winning Charlize Theron and hot actors Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Idris Elba, Sean Harris and Kate Dickie, not only had to sign secrecy clauses, but were only allowed to read the story if they visited Ridley’s production office. (One exception was made, when a security courier flew to an actorâs foreign location and stood guard for two hours while the screenplay was perused.)… ‘I was insistent that the script not leak onto the internet, where it gets dissected out of context, which spoils it for everyone.'”
The site adds that filming is starting in three weeks.
“It’s the story of creation, the gods and the man who stood against them. It’s not a small film,” Ridley joked. “I’m using the giant James Bond 007 stage at Pinewood and six other sound stages to film it.”
Ridley again said that the film is not a prequel to Alien, but he did not say more than that. Scott previously explained the outlines of the film and its genesis as follows: “While ‘Alien’ was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of ‘Alien’s’ DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative.”
Source: Daily Mail