Talking about My Soul to Take and more!
As the official month for horror films kicks into high gear with all of the usual franchise suspects, it seems like thereâs no better time for one of the masters and legends of horror, Mr. Wes Craven, to make his return with his latest movie, My Soul to Take.
While there may be elements of Cravenâs past movies like A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream in My Soul to Take, specifically the presence of serial killers and teenagers slaughtered one-by-one, it does delve into some new territory like split personalities and spirituality in terms of where oneâs soul goes after death.
It stars Max Thieriot as Adam “Bug” Hellerman, who turns 16 on the anniversary of the death of a brutal serial killer with multiple personalities, known as the Riverton Ripper. As other teens who share Bugâs birthday start dying, he begins to show signs of their personalities himself. And letâs just say thatâs all we can tell you cause it gets downright strange from there.
ShockTillYouDrop.com had a chance to sat down with Craven over the weekend and we discussed the following:
* Why he decided to return to writing his own scripts
* Why he shut his production company down
* What the original idea was that got him going on “My Soul to Take”
* Finding new ways to kill peopleâ¦ and scare people
* We try to figure out why heâs so keen on killing teenagers
* The religious aspects of the movie
* We try to make a smooth transition to asking about “Scream 4” but are quickly shut down
My Soul to Take opens nationwide on Friday, October 8, in 2D and 3D theaters. Fingers crossed, weâll have some interviews with two of Cravenâs young cast later this week.
Source: Edward Douglas