Victor Crowley comes home
Fresh off its national theatrical release, writer/director Adam Green’s Hatchet â the independent horror film championed by internet fans and critics the world over â will be released by Anchor Bay Entertainment on DVD December 18th. The Unrated DVD of the acclaimed horror film comes packed with ninety minutes of in-depth bonus features detailing the joys and pains of creating the next great horror icon â Victor Crowley.
– Widescreen (1.78:1) presentation, enhanced for 16×9 televisions
– Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Adam Green, Cinematographer Will Barratt and Actors Tamara Feldman, Joel David Moore and Deon Richmond
– The Making of Hatchet
– Meeting Victor Crowley: An in-depth look at the creation of a new horror icon
– Guts & Gore: Go behind the scenes of Hatchetâs special makeup and prosthetic effects
– Anatomy of a Kill: Witness the âjaw-breakingâ birth, design and execution of a death scene
– A Twisted Tale: Writer/Director Adam Green recounts his decades-long friendship with “Twisted Sister” front man and Fangoria Radio host Dee Snider
– Gag Reel
– Theatrical Trailer
Hatchet is Adam Green’s blood-soaked love letter to the slasher film genre, which reached its critical and commercial zenith in the 1980s. The film spins a terrifying tale of tragedy and comeuppance from beyond the grave. Victor Crowley is a hideously deformed boy, living in seclusion with his father (Kane Hodder) in an isolated cabin deep in the Louisiana bayou. When a Halloween prank initiated by local kids goes terribly awry, Victor is accidentally killed in a vicious twist of irony. Years later, a tourist group visiting New Orleansâ “haunted swamps” stumble upon the remnants of that shocking event, transforming an evening of seemingly innocent fun into a horrific nightmare, from which there may be no escape.
Source: Anchor Bay