New Days Gone gameplay video shows off brutal combat
Following the gameplay demo that debuted at this year’s E3, Bend Studio and Sony PlayStation have released a video of an alternate version of the Days Gone gameplay previously seen. Featuring creative director John Garvin and the game’s star Sam Witwer taking a new path and getting into some nasty combat, you can check it out in the player below!
Elements from the game shown off in the video include:
- Weather and time-of-day: Snow will impact your ability to ride the Drifter Bike, cold makes Freakers stronger; rain can dampen sound, but brings more Freakers out during the day; night brings out even more Freakers and changes the behaviors of Marauders, and more.
- Survival Vision: You can focus on the environment around you to discover tracks, clues, and resources.
- Crafting: You can find all sorts of things in the open world which can be used to craft items both useful and deadly.
- Traps: Creating and placing traps — used in conjunction with our distraction mechanic — is an important part of our strategic sandbox combat.
- Dynamic Events: You have to be cautious and vigilant to avoid ambushes, traps, and other hazards.
Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set in a harsh wilderness two years after a devastating global pandemic. Play as Deacon St. John, a Drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road, fighting to survive while searching for a reason to live. At its core, Days Gone is about survivors and what makes them human: desperation, loss, madness, betrayal, friendship, brotherhood, regret, love – and hope. It’s about how even when confronted with such enormous tragedy they find a reason to live. Hope never dies.