First details on Nintendo attractions at Universal Theme Parks
Last May, Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo announced a partnership to bring Nintendo characters and games to life at their theme parks, and now the first details on the Nintendo attractions have been revealed.
In a statement, the pair said to “Imagine the fun of stepping into a larger-than-life Nintendo adventure” featuring the likes of gigantic Piranha Plants, Question blocks, power-ups and more all around you, plus Mario and all his friends ready to pull you into a brand-new world.
The creative visionaries behind Nintendo’s legendary worlds and characters are working together with the creative teams behind Universal’s blockbuster theme park attractions. Their goal: to bring the characters, action and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks. And to do so in new and innovative ways that capture what makes them so special. All of the adventure, fun and whimsy you experience through a screen will now be all around you – in breathtakingly authentic ways.
Here’s the key points from today’s announcement:
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games – this time in real life.
- There will be something for everyone – regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
The new themed areas come as the result of a global partnership between Universal Parks & Resorts and Nintendo – two icons of the entertainment world. Universal theme parks create incredibly popular family entertainment experiences for millions of people based on compelling characters, stories and innovative technology. Nintendo creates remarkable and imaginative games filled with captivating stories and beloved characters.
Each Universal theme park will announce details of its specific Nintendo areas. The first such announcement will come soon.
What kind of Nintendo attractions based on their games would you like to see? Sound off in the comments below!