Capcom has announced today that they’ve improved, optimized, and added to the 2013 title DmC: Devil May Cry and will be releasing a “Definitive Edition” bolstering 60 fps and 1080p resolution with additional content and all of the DLC for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 next year. You can check out the trailer for the release below.
Also included in the definitive edition are:
- New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
- Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
- Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
- Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
- Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
- Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
- Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
- And many more!
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition will be released on March 17, 2015, but that’s not all, Capcom also teases in the below version that a Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition is on the way!