S.W.A.T., the hit summer film, which grossed more than $116 million at the box office and was based on the popular T.V. series, will be released on special edition DVD in both widescreen and full screen versions and VHS on Tuesday, December 30, 2003, from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (CTHE). This high energy crime thriller stars Samuel L. Jackson and Colin Farrell and is produced by Neal H. Moritz and directed by Clark Johnson. With explosive action scenes, mesmerizing stunts, unexpected twists and volatile weaponry, even a ransom offer won’t distract from this wall-to-wall action film.
The elite S.W.A.T. force features some of Hollywood’s hottest recruits including Michelle Rodriguez, LL Cool J, Brian Van Holt, Jeremy Renner, Josh Charles and Olivier Martinez. The team is pushed to their limits in this highly-rigorous, physically demanding adventure.
S.W.A.T. is available on Special Edition DVD in its original theatrical PG-13 version. The DVD will be loaded with features including cast and crew commentary, deleted scenes, an interactive feature that details the sound design for various gun battles, bloopers, a featurette on the anatomy of a shootout, the starring casts’ talent files, and much more. See below for a complete listing of the DVD features.
SPECIAL EDITION DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
* 8 Deleted Scenes
* Blooper Reel
* Two Commentaries: From the cast & the director; and the technical consultant and screenwriters
* Anatomy of a Shootout Featurette: Focuses on the weaponry used and the filmmakers goal of making the bank holdup scene as realistic and true as possible to the North Hollywood holdup of a few years back
* “S.W.A.T.”: TV’s Original Super Cops
* 6th Street Bridge Featurette: ‘Achieving the Impossible’ of landing a plane on a bridge
* Filmographies: Talent files on Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Farrell, Michelle Rodriguez, LL Cool J, and Olivier Martinez
* Sound & Fury: “The Sounds of ‘S.W.A.T.'”: Interactive feature on that goes into more detail on the sound design of the various gun battles in the film
* The Making of “S.W.A.T.”