Even though the deluxe edition was available for pre-order the same weekend as the film's release, Sony has now announced details for the home video release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (via EW) which will be available digitally August 5 and on DVD and Blu-ray August 19. The sequel just crossed the $700 million mark worldwide this weekend. You can check out the cover art for the release, as well as the included additional content, below and pre-order your copy by clicking here!
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
– 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
– Filmmaker Commentary
– Alicia Keys "It's On Again" music video
Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
– 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including "Peter Meets His Father"
– "The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2," featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
– "Lessons Learned: Development and Direction" — Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
– "Heart of the City: Shooting in New York" — A behind-the-scenes look at the film's unprecedented access to New York City during production.
– "Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains" — An inside look at the development of Spider-Man's fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
– "A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin" — From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
– "A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects" — Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
– "Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing" — Learn how the film's soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.